Monday, November 12, 2012

Craig Sim Webb Talks About Dreaming

Dreaming for Fun, Adventure, and Personal Transformation by Craig Sim Webb Dreams provide what star trek fans might call a nightly holodeck experience or what hi-tech buffs might see as the ultimate virtual reality, where there is no limit to graphics resolution, computing power or on-line storage. In dreams and in lucid dreams especially, where the world somewhat avails itself to the suggestions of the dreamer, adventure and intrigue are almost guaranteed because the usual laws of physics and of society no longer apply, and many of the apparent blocks set by age, sex, race or religion simply fall away. In dreams we can be the hero of our own adventure, find romance, fly, travel through "solid" objects, breathe underwater, and perform feats free from embarrassment, peer pressure, monetary limits, and even physical handicaps. The boundaries of imagination are the only limits. One can even follow in the footsteps of Tibetan monks who master lucid dreaming as a spiritual illumination stepping stone on the path to enlightenment. Watch upcoming columns for a further description of lucid dreams and tips on how to have them. "All my life I've taken wondrous adventures upon the wings of my imagination while dreaming. I have flown many nights, talked to bears, dogs, raccoons, and owls; I have swum with dolphins and whales, breathing underwater as if I had gills" (L.G. Chico, CA) “Heading up this passage to get refreshments ahead of a crowd of friends, I fill up this large glass with milk and notice a head of lettuce floating in it. This is odd and I wonder if I’m dreaming. To check, I catch someone's eye nearby, and he smiles and nods without me having to say anything. I consider taking off to fly, but the dream seems to be tugging at my chest with quite some force. It doesn't hurt, but it feels as if I should follow, so I give my mental okay and let it take me. I begin zooming horizontally and then down to the left, in some kind of dark void, accelerating until I'm really, really moving – faster than I've ever flown before. I hesitate, afraid that if I go any faster I won’t survive. But remembering again that it's just a dream, I urge myself past this fear. Immediately, my arms sort of ‘snap’ outwards a bit and I instantly accelerate to some tremendous velocity such that I seem to become nothing less than the quality of pure speed itself. After a short while, I slow and feel myself being "brought back together” to view where I have just been. There's an RCA electronic component in a small circuit of some kind and I realize I was just an electron! Very slowly, I awaken buzzing with energy, and my hands tingle for quite some time afterwards.” (C.W., Montreal, Qc) "I suddenly realize I'm dreaming from surprise and excitement, recognizing that I've become a salmon swimming upstream! Leaping high into the air, I climb a series of chutes. Then I flip onto the shore and the flipping sensation feels so odd that I awaken." (W.D., Palo Alto, CA) "Falling asleep, I remember wondering what truly 'knowing myself' would be like. Dreaming, I become aware of this incredible, indescribably powerful 'Love Light'. The thought comes that there is no power like it - it's absolutely non-judgmental, and dwarfs every worry or desire I've ever had. It is peace and simplicity and well-being. It includes sexuality but encompasses far more. Basking in what feels like 'an ocean of grace', I soon realize that I'm not looking at it, but rather that I AM it, recognizing myself." (C.W., Palo Alto, CA) Craig Sim Webb, Executive Director of the DREAMS Foundation (www.dreams.ca), is a dream analyst/author/ researcher, as well as physicist/inventor, and performing/recording musical artist, who has done pioneering dream and lucid dream research at California’s Stanford University and at Montreal’s Sacré-Coeur Hospital. He has had the privilege to be an invited expert for major motion pictures, Fortune 500 corporations, and well over a thousand international TV, radio, print, and online media. To learn about the Dream Interpretation Mastery and Lucid Dreaming interactive online teleclass adventures Craig leads, please visit www.dreams.ca/teleclass.pdf, or email: training@dreams.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment